Re: Some news of my SS20

At 19:38 Uhr +0100 5.12.2011, BERTRAND Joel wrote:
>       But with two SM71, NetBSD 5.99.56 is usable. I have rebuilt pkgsrc
>with
>-j4 and I've only seen one :
>
><#2> ok nmi_hard: SMP botch.cpu0: NMI: system interrupts:
>0x40090000<VME=0x0,SB>
>module0:
>
>         mxcc error 0x0
>         mxcc status 0xff1410002
>         mxcc reset 0x0
>module1:
>
>         mxcc error 0x0
>         mxcc status 0xff1100000
>         mxcc reset 0x4 (WATCHDOG RESET)
>
>       Has someone seen this bug ? I have seen this kind of bug in 2.4 linux
>kernel, but never with NetBSD and supersparc.

I hate to break that to you, but the above is cpu cache memory going bad. I
found information about the flag bits on the net a while back; maybe I can
dig out the link. It may be a thermal issue, and then again it may be
permanent damage.

-- While we are at it: Does a

Dec  5 12:49:11 pizza su: hauke to root on /dev/ttyp0
Watchdog Reset,  Rebooting.
Resetting ...

without any further trace or information hint at a hardware issue, or is
there a more benign explanation?

        hauke

(who is down to one SM71 because of similar messages, and associated crashes)