Re: CVS update for only one platform

On 11/18/2011 21:31, matthew green wrote:
Ok, well I've managed to destroy the system.  I accidentally deleted all
of /usr/lib thinking I was in /usr/src.  So, is it possible to rebuild
the entire lib directory from CVS or am I stuck reinstalling the entire
system again?  If I'm stuck having to reinstall, will the new changes be
available on an ISO ro do I need the ISO first and then do a CVS update?

oh boy :-(  that sucks.

you should be able to just re-extract the base and comp sets to get
back up and running.  something like this:

# cd /
# /rescue/ftp -o -
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201111171620Z/sparc/binary/sets/base.tgz
 | pax -pe -rz
# /rescue/ftp -o -
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201111171620Z/sparc/binary/sets/comp.tgz
 | pax -pe -rz

should do the trick.

these sets should have all the recent fixes, if not wait for the ones
currently building into the 201111181320Z directory.

No, go. "libc6.so not found". Big oops. Oh well, I've still got my install CD here so I'm just going to reinstall and try again. I managed to scrounge up a couple more small drives. If I can get the LVM working I'll have enough space to rebuild the system from CVS.