re: CVS update for only one platform

> Ok, well I've managed to destroy the system.  I accidentally deleted all
> of /usr/lib thinking I was in /usr/src.  So, is it possible to rebuild
> the entire lib directory from CVS or am I stuck reinstalling the entire
> system again?  If I'm stuck having to reinstall, will the new changes be
> available on an ISO ro do I need the ISO first and then do a CVS update?

oh boy :-(  that sucks.

you should be able to just re-extract the base and comp sets to get
back up and running.  something like this:

# cd /
# /rescue/ftp -o -
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201111171620Z/sparc/binary/sets/base.tgz
 | pax -pe -rz
# /rescue/ftp -o -
http://nyftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201111171620Z/sparc/binary/sets/comp.tgz
 | pax -pe -rz

should do the trick.

these sets should have all the recent fixes, if not wait for the ones
currently building into the 201111181320Z directory.

HTH.

.mrg.