Re: [ntp:questions] Ntpd in uninterruptible sleep?

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 17:19, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 05:14:33PM +0000, Dave Hart wrote:
>> NTP_INSIST() always generates code, even if you build without DEBUG
>> (using configure option --disable-debugging).
>
> Ok, I don't see how the loop could be infinite then...
>
>> Impressive.  Was this with "%.2f"?
>
> Yes, actual test program attached. It has been running on a sparc64 machine
> for several hours now, I'll run it on a 32bit sparc over night as well.

Nice code.  After reading a grad student's barey-indented code
littered with strcpy() and strcat() (associated with a paper sent to
the LinuxPPS mailing list) overnight, it was refreshing to see
evidence of competence.  I might have used sizeof() instead of 1000,
but this code doesn't need such future-proofing.  My fingers are
crossed hoping one of those machines will end up with a very warm CPU.

Thanks for the test and testing,
Dave Hart