re: IPX system crash (no log data)

> Hy everyone,
>
> I'm trying to figure out the cause of a system crash/halt and am having
> quite a bit of trouble so I could use your advice.
>
> This is the IPX that is running just ntpd plus the PPS enabled Generic
> kernel.  Nothing else runs on the system but it seems that after about a
> week of running, it just stops.  It is unresponsive to network
> connections and the console doesn't respond either (sitting at the login
> message).  I have to Stop-A and boot to restore the system.
>
> None of the normal logs (messages, cron, etc.) and seem to indicate
> anything out of the ordinary.  No messages are emitted on the console
> either.  Are there any other logs that NetBSD maintains that might give
> me a clue about what happened?

so, when you use stop-A what prompt comes up?  db> or ok?  from
here, you can get more info (either one) but it depends on which.
if it isn't ddb (db>) then it might be better to build a kernel
with DDB enabled and go from there.

from "db>", you can type "bt" to get a back trace.  from "ok" you
should be able to "ctrace" to get the same, but i don't remember
what the IPX firmware supports.

.mrg.