Re: NetBSD port-sparc on SparcStation Voyager

On 2 April 2010 06:26, Greg A. Woods <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
> At Fri, 2 Apr 2010 03:18:18 +0100, Kelly Harding
> <kelly.harding%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

>> Would a version of pre-Solaris be a better bet? which version would work if
>> so?
>
> I don't think you'd really want to run SunOS-4 (aka Solaris-1.x) on it
> any more, and I doubt SunOS-5 (aka Solaris 2.x) or newer would perform
> very well on it, if indeed it would even run in that little memory,
> though I may be mistaken.

Running SunOS 4 is an interesting (Chinese sense) exercise to do, but
for actual use, it's probably just too painful. NetBSD's modernness
and open source nature is also very handy if you're looking to change
anything.

I guess it all depends on just how "terminal" the machine is, whether
you're running apps or encrypted connections etc.

--
I appear to be temporarily using gmail's horrible interface. I
apologise for any failure in my part in trying to make it do the right