Re: Another Tadpole 3GX question

>> [T]he button labeled CapsLock - the one I'm using as Control -
>> appears to be part of the same encoding matrix as the rest of the
>> keyboard, and holding it down while typing multiple letters
>> sometimes generates spurious keystrokes.  [...^X^V->^X^T^V...]

> Try fixing it in the firmware?

Does that work?

Okay, that's an ambiguous question.  The quote you gave seems to imply
that it's for OBP use; it's not clear whether it affects anything
except OBP's keyboard input.

Even if it does, does it actually fix the rollover issue?  I would not
expect it to, because my best guess at the real problem is electrical,
not something software is capable of fixing.  (Keys commonly used as
modifiers often have their own pins to the encoder chips even when they
cheap out on the rest of the keyboard and use a matrix without diodes.)

> I found this in an FAQ once upon a time, the attribution has long
> since been lost:  [...]

Saved.  I'll have to check it out.

\ / Ribbon Campaign