Another Tadpole 3GX question

As some of you may recall from when the display hinge broke, I have a
Tadpole 3GX.  I've swapped CapsLock with left Control using wsconsctl
(and, once I get X set up, will do whatever turns out to be necessary
to get that effect in X too).

There's a problem, though.  The keyboard has rollover, as one owuld
expect, but it is very distinctly limited.  This is not a problem most
of the time, but the button labeled CapsLock - the one I'm using as
Control - appears to be part of the same encoding matrix as the rest of
the keyboard, and holding it down while typing multiple letters
sometimes generates spurious keystrokes.  (The particular instance that
I trip over most often is that ^X^V, when typed without letting X up
before pressing V, turns into ^X^T^V.)

So, I was thinking of taking the keybaord off and cutting conductors
and soldering as necessary to swap those two buttons at the electrical
level rather than the software level.

Any comments on the feasability of this?  Any particular cautions or
other advice?

\ / Ribbon Campaign