Problems installing to SparcStation5

Hi all!
I just got back my old SS5 which had NetBSD 1.6 running on it when I gave it away. Now it has no OS on it and I wanted to install NetBSD 5.0.1. However, this is causing trouble as the built-in 1080 MB HD is not recognized by the NetBSD installer. I can go as far as to choose the language, then to install, but then the installation stops with the message: "I can not find any hard disks for use by NetBSD. you will be returned to the original menu." Pressing "STOP-A" and using the command "probe-scsi-all" does show me the attached SCSI devices, as expected.
What can be the fault?

TIA Frank

--
GU d- s:+ a+ C+>$ UBS>$ P L- !E--- W N+@ !o K--? !w--- O !M- !V- PS+ PE Y? !PGP- t+ 5 X !R tv- b++ DI !D G e h+ r- y?