Re: hard disk for sun ultra 2

Hello Isaac,

You might also e-mail the Portland Oregon non-profit organization named FreeGeek -- www.freegeek.org -- they have a thrift store which sells hard drives, among other computer parts. Not sure how far they'd have to ship them to reach you, but their prices are generally reasonable to low -- really reasonable ;)

Failing that option or e-Bay, I may have a couple 80-pin style disks on hand which I'd be happy to pass along to you, bad-blocked and wiped. I would just ask you to pay shipping charges.

But it's unlikely I have a matching pair, or anything much bigger than 4 GB or 8 GB with that older connector style. Will your Ultra-2 case accomodate an adapter to go from 50-pin SCSI to 68-pin high density D-SUB style connector? That would open a lot of possibilities for hard drives of larger and matching models and sizes.

Feel free to write me off-list if smaller drives, or larger ones with adapting connectors would help you with your Ultra-2 server.

- Ted
                                    -   O
Portland State Aerospace Society - _<_\_ FreeGeek Community Center http://psas.pdx.edu W >\_ http://www.freegeek.org ted%cs.pdx.edu@localhost ( ) ( ) ted%freegeek.org@localhost