Re: native Xorg now used by default on some platforms

> We lack wsdisplay support for:
> - SS5 onboard graphics
> - any monochrome framebuffers
> - ZX/Leo

I've added wscons support for CG3 (SBus) and BW2 (SBus and P4):

  http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2008/11/28/msg213454.html
  http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2008/12/05/msg213688.html

With a wscons kernel, you need an /etc/X11/XF86Config containing the correct
Device and Screen sections (uncomment as appropriate):

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card0"
# CG3
#       Driver          "suncg3"
# BW2
#       Driver          "sunbw2"
        BusID            "SBUS:fb0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Screen0"
        Device          "Card0"
        Monitor         "Monitor0"
# BW2
#       DefaultDepth    1
# CG3
#       DefaultDepth    8
        SubSection "Display"
# BW2
#               Depth   1
# CG3
#               Depth   8
                Modes   "1152x900"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Also, the XFree86 server gets black and white reversed on the BW2, so you
need to start it with -flipPixels (or add that to /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers).

Thanks,

PS. I haven't tested BW2 as the overlay plane of a colour framebuffer.

--
  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/