Re: native Xorg now used by default on some platforms

Hello,

On Nov 10, 2008, at 12:43 AM, matthew green wrote:

  Not for sparc please. First, because we still don't have all the old
  sbus video drivers in Xorg, second because it ( like XFree86 )
  requires wscons which still isn't the default here ( mostly because
  nobody with the right hw can be arsed to write wsdisplay drivers )

oh, will do.

Thanks :)

For the records - I wrote wsdisplay support for all SBus graphics hardware I have here and then some.
We have wsdisplay support for:
- all CG6 variants
- CG14
- Fujitsu AG-10e
- Weitek P9100 found in some SPARCbooks

We lack wsdisplay support for:
- SS5 onboard graphics
- any monochrome framebuffers
- ZX/Leo

There is a good chance I can get pretty much any SBus graphics card to work at least as dumb console. If there is any sort of documentation or sample code out there I should be able to get hw acceleration going.

We lack support for pretty much all SBus graphics cards not made by Sun, mostly for lack of hardware in the right hands.

have fun
Michael