Re: "Hard memory error" -- where?

> > Unfortunately, the error seems to be intermittent, and the OFW memory test
> > is not thorough enough to reproduce it. So I guess I have to wait till it
> > shows up again, then try to collect more information...
> >

> Try setting the diag-switch environment variable ("setenv diag-switch?
> true" if memory serves), resetting, and rerunning the memory test.
> Setting diag-switch makes both the POST and the boot prom memory tests
> more thorough.

The most thorough memory test is during hardware POST.
Do

   setenv diag-switch? true
   setenv diag-level max

and power-cycle the machine (wait at least a minute to let the RAM
modules drain etc.)  Note that you will need a serial connection to
see H-POST output.

Good luck -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt