Re: Best release for an old SPARCclassic

* Michael Lorenz <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> [2008-05-13 00:09:02]:
> On May 12, 2008, at 17:23, Steve Rikli wrote:
>
> >FWIW I believe the LX behaves the same way, but the IPX does not.
>
> Yeah, IIRC the LX is more or less a classic with a cg6 and dbri on
> the mainboard, the IPX has only 4 SIMM slots and takes 4MB or 16MB
> modules although I never tried anything bigger than 16MB. I tend to
> prefer the IPX over the classic because it's got a cg6 and 64kB L1
> cache, on the other hand it's only a V7 CPU.

The IPX (and SS2 I believe) can also take a 64MB SBus board to take it
up to 128MB. Not sure how quick it is compared to the SIMMs but it's
probably better than hitting the disks.

I have one in my IPX along with the Weitek 80MHz CPU.

Matt