Subject: Re: IPX Serial console -> Mac ZTerm
To: Michael Bartosh <mbartosh@mabaleb.org>
From: Brian Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2001 01:17:23

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/

> I have an IPX w/ no head... the HD spins up, although I don't hear any
> boot sounds. I'd eventually like to get netbsd on it.

Good.

> So I thought I'd connect with a Mac running ZTerm, something I've done
> with other unix boxes before. There's no kb or mouse plugged in- I tried
> an Apple serial cable, told zterm to listen on the right port @
> 96008n1.. and - nothing.

Serial cables suck.  Try a 25 pin male/female cross-over adapter if you
have one (radio-shack).  Get a Sun keyboard, connect it, power on the unit
while holding down "stop" and "a", this will reset the OpenBoot to
defaults.  I've run into all sorts of strange problems getting console on
Sun hardware (especially these damn'd Netra T1s)...