Subject: Re: Supported models (was Re: Sun 4/4xxx support?)
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/20/2000 08:44:02
On 20-Feb-00 Julian Coleman wrote:
> I didn't see anything for the external mouse though.  The only mention I see
> is page 3-11 of the technical manual - there is a bit that flips the
> monitor/mouse mux.  However, setting this bit doesn't seem to have any
> affect.
> I noticed that if the external mouse is moved violently, there is some affect
> - either the pointer moves randomly (generally down), or a series of
> 'ms0: input overrun' is generated.  I also noticed that I don't always see
> 'external mouse attached' when it boots either (tried tpye 5 and type 4
> keyboards).

I haven't been able to figure out the mouse problem..  The external mouse is
supposedly muxed.. and should be invisible to the OS.. unless we are booting
with the mux off or something.. (which would be odd.. but par for the course
with the tadpole)

The reason your mouse does not allways seem to be attached is that the ts102
can only recognize an external mouse via motion.. there is no probe possible.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>