Re: Indigo R3000, Indigo R4000 and Indy R5000

Hello!

Dear Frank,

>Great, this one works like a charm:
:)

>Interesting. How do you differentiate the different Indigo R3K versions in the kernel?
>Do you think the firmware version might also have a play in this?

Think simple.

https://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/sys/arch/sgimips/hpc/if_sq.c#266
Add routine.

/* Get MAC address */
memcpy(sc->sc_enaddr, &haa->hpc_eeprom[SQ_HPC_EEPROM_ENADDR],
   ETHER_ADDR_LEN);

#define SQ_HPC_EEPROM_ENADDR_R3K  122

/*
* Indigo R3K(early lot) to store MAC address at hpc_eeprom[122] -
hpc_eeprom[127].
*/

/* If Indigo R3K machine */
if (mach_type == MACH_SGI_IP12) {
/* If MAC address is strange */
if (sc->sc_enaddr[0] != SGI_OUI_0 ||
    sc->sc_enaddr[1] != SGI_OUI_1 ||
    sc->sc_enaddr[2] != SGI_OUI_2) {
    /* Get MAC address on Indigo R3K(early lot) */
memcpy(sc->sc_enaddr, &haa->hpc_eeprom[SQ_HPC_EEPROM_ENADDR_R3K],
    ETHER_ADDR_LEN);
}
}

It will work fine!

>Just for the record, my Indigo R3K has the following firmware version:

This is mine.

>> hinv
              Memory size: 32 Mbytes
   Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
          Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
            System option: Audio processor, revision 10
                CPU board: IP12 33 MHz, with FPU
>> version
PROM Monitor SGI Version 4.0.1 Rev C LG1/GR2,  Jul  9, 1992

>Can't wait for your patches to be included in NetBSD! :-)

One of these days...

I wrote some PR.
These bug is critical issue so need to fix.
However, sgimips port maintainer is no reaction even after forever...

--
Naruaki Etomi