Re: Back from the dead, with updates!

Hello,

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 17:50:43 +0200
Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 22:08:56 +0200
> Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:26:41 -0400
> > Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > Some things that happened to the sgimips port recently:
> > > - it's usable again, thanks to skrll@ fixing a bunch of cache handling bugs months ago
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Exciting stuff! But sadly still not working for me. All three GENERIC
> > kernels built from HEAD crash early. I will try to dust off my other O2
> > in case this one has gone bad. Could you please upload a kernel binary
> > that works for you?
> >
> > Here are logs. Crash pc seems to be below the start of kernel text.
>
> Quick follow-up in case someone else encounters this, since there are
> known workarounds:
>
> The crash to db before copyright only happens when console is on serial.

Ok, might be fallout from the bus_space change, I'll look into it.
The earliest output goes through ARCS, I suspect with a serial console
the switch to actually talking to the hardware happens at about that
time.

> The ne32 hang is suspected to happen if your O2 has more than 256 MB
> installed. (Unfortunately someone broke the motherboard tray lever
> on this O2 and I haven't yet figured out how to disassemble it!)

Yeah, I need more memory to investigate this myself.
Otherwise, if you take the harddisks out you should be able to push the
motherboard tray out by hand, I don't think it's actually latched in by
anything other than the connectors at the back.

have fun
Michael