Re: Back from the dead, with updates!

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 22:08:56 +0200
Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:26:41 -0400
> Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Some things that happened to the sgimips port recently:
> > - it's usable again, thanks to skrll@ fixing a bunch of cache handling bugs months ago
>
> Hi!
>
> Exciting stuff! But sadly still not working for me. All three GENERIC
> kernels built from HEAD crash early. I will try to dust off my other O2
> in case this one has gone bad. Could you please upload a kernel binary
> that works for you?
>
> Here are logs. Crash pc seems to be below the start of kernel text.

Quick follow-up in case someone else encounters this, since there are
known workarounds:

The crash to db before copyright only happens when console is on serial.
The ne32 hang is suspected to happen if your O2 has more than 256 MB
installed. (Unfortunately someone broke the motherboard tray lever
on this O2 and I haven't yet figured out how to disassemble it!)

-Tobias