Re: Is this SGI kit worth getting?

Stephen Borrill wrote:
I've been offered an O2, an Octane and 3 Indys. The O2 is a no-brainer especially with the recent framebuffer changes. It'll be a worthwhile replacement for my Indigo2. However, I see the Octane is not supported and the Indys (while cute) aren't exactly the fastest machines.

might be worth checking if the indys have the (somewhat rare) 24 bit graphics card. If nothing else you could probably ebay any 24 bit card and possibly any SGI memory (hens teeth).

Is the Octane ever likely to be supported?

--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445
Head of UNIX/Linux, iTSS Wallingford