Installing on the Buffalo Terastation Pro (Was: Is this list dead?)

Hi,

> I still have one sandpoint device working, it's a Buffalo Terastation Pro.
> I'm willing to play with it when I have time.
>
> Since it runs Linux 2.4, I expect to enable bigger disk sizes with NetBSD.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

I'm not sure how much larger you want.  I only have 320GB and 500GB disks
in my sandpoint machines (QNAP TS-201).  They are standard SATA disks, so
there shouldn't be a problem using larger capacities though.

I followed the instructions on the sandpoint web page to connect up the
serial console, and the installation process for the TS-201 was relatively
easy.

I see there that the Buffalo LinkStation HD-HLAN (LS1) was tested but the
TeraStation Pro TS-TGL V1 is marked as untested.  So, the process should be
the same as one of the other models, but no-one has yet tried it.  From the
installation guide, I'm not sure if the Terastation Pro has U-Boot or a
proprietary firmware.  If it has U-Boot, the process is easier, and it might
also be possible to netboot, which would make testing NetBSD easy.

Regards,

Julian