Re: PKG_PATH to pkgsrc collection

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:05:42 +0100
Charles Brown <obigiankenobi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> I tried to install samba (both available versions: 3.0.37nb3 and
> 3.3.12nb1). The install phase works fine (main package and dependences).
> If I try to start samba via smbcontrol or if I try to use smbstatus, I
> obtain:
>
> dsm-g600# smbcontrol
> Shared object "libcrypt.so.0" not found

We updated to libcrypt.so.1 for 6.0, but the packages have been built
for 5.1. So you need to rebuild the packages yourself.

You find the recent pkgsrc in ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/stable/.
Download pkgsrc-2011Q4.tar.gz (or .bz2 or .xz). Uncompress it into
/usr/pkgsrc. Then compile and install samba:
# cd /usr/pkgsrc/net/samba
# make install

A quick PowerPC machine is recommended for building pkgsrc, but I also
did it on a 266MHz/64MB Synology NAS, which can take several days for
big packages.

In case you build the packages on a second machine, you find the archives
in /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All, when compilation is done.

I have built samba for 5.99.48, some months ago. I have uploaded it here:
  ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/phx/powerpc_pkg/

--
Frank Wille