Re: On DSM-G600 issues with WPA_SUPPLICANT, CDROM on USB port, ntfs module.

On Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:42:41 +0100
Charles Brown <obigiankenobi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> It's a good chance for me to try to rebuild my own kernel! :)
> The time I need for read (and understand...) the guides, and I'll try.

It's really easy. You can cross compile a kernel everywhere, even under
Linux or MacOS X. Just enter the src directory and invoke the build-script.
Once for building the cross compiler: ./build.sh -m sandpoint tools
Then for building the kernel: ./build.sh -m sandpoint kernel=NAME

> Only: why do not consider  the introduction of this feature in
> GENERIC?

I will add it to the GENERIC config once you confirmed that it works. :)

> [..lost interrupt..]
> Only if I connect my portable cdrom I have this strange behaviour.
> The problem is evidenced every time.

Unfortunately I have no USB CDRom drive to reproduce it. Maybe it also
happens with a disk, when you remove the "sd* at scsibus" entry from the
config file?

Or, the other way around: please test if the problem disappears when you
have added the "cd* at scsibus" entry.

> >Probably just a bad connection?
> Don't think so. The rt2560 card is a nightmare, but my AP is only two
> meters away.

Does "ifconfig ral0 list scan" work for you? It should list all access
points in range, together with their signal/noise ratio.

You need "ifconfig ral0 up", before it works.

> I will try with another security protocol (wep/none) to verify if is
> only a WPA2/AES issue.

Ok, thanks.

--
Frank Wille