Re: DS-207 network failure

On Thu, 26 May 2011 09:51:29 +0100
Julian Coleman <jdc%coris.org.uk@localhost> wrote:

> > Or you are using the wrong load-address. Did you copy&paste from
> > your terminal? Then it is definitely wrong. The load-address has to
> > be 0x1000000.
>
> I did wonder about that.  If I use 0x1000000, I get a crash,
> presumably because the bootp loader from PPCboot loads altboot.bin at
> 0x100000.

Can't you use tftpboot instead of bootp? Then you have the possibility
to specifiy the load address and the file name.

But this requires to set up the environment variables serverip and ipaddr.

An alternative is to use "cp" to copy the binary image from 0x100000 to
0x1000000 after loading it.

BTW, did you ever try to run altboot directly after using PPCBoot's SK98
driver? When it works this would mean we just forgot to initialize some
register.

--
Frank Wille