Re: Error messgae when netbooting - ex0: device timeout

> if we ever get a boot loader that can pass the RB_KDB flag to the kernel)

Has anyone looked at ppcboot on the sandpoint?  (ppcboot.sourceforge.net,
I think)  It supposedly supports the sandpoint, but I haven't had a
chance to look at it yet.

> Until now I only tried ISA DMA. Will try a SCSI card on the PCI bus
> later on....

Cool.  I've used the PCI DMA with mine (mostly with the ns83815 and
3C900 network cards, but I've also attached a couple of SCSI adapters
just to check them out).

> And another question:
>  if I put a 3COM905B into the sandpoint, then the kernel panics on boots
>  because the PHY (exphy/ukphy) on the ex does not return any media
>  information.....

That sounds like a bug in the driver.  What version of the kernel
sources are you working with?  Do you know if the same code works
for that card on another architecture?

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost