Re: Compile at Solaris, where is BSD "make"?

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 04:16:13PM +0900, Boo Geum Jung wrote:
> I'd like to make NetBSD for sandpoint on Solaris 5.7 with GNU make and
> GCC(powerpc-eabi).

Hmmm...  I'm not sure how well this might work.  Good luck!
You might have better luck using NetBSD's pkgsrc with Solaris.  I know
that some people are doing so, but I do not know if they are using it
with pkgsrc/cross/powerpc-netbsd.

> But, next step "make depned" is not working.
> Error message is as following.
> "../../../../../share/mk/bsd.own.mk:3: *** missing separator.  Stop."
> GNU make and BSD make is differnet?
> Where is BSD make?

Yes.  BSD make is different from GNU make.  If you have the NetBSD
pkgsrc set up, BSD make is available in pkgsrc/devel/bmake.  The
home page for this is listed in the makefile as
http://www.quick.com.au/help/sjg/bmake.html.

-allen