Port-RISCV archive

Re: qemu-8.1.1 issues?

Am Mittwoch, 27. September 2023, 22:33:40 CEST schrieb Phil Nelson:
> qemu_mprotect__osdep: mprotect failed: Permission denied
> qemu-system-riscv64: mprotect of jit buffer: Permission denied

Hi Phil,
how did you install qemu 8.1.1?
"mprotect" and "jit" really sound like it would conflict with PaX.
I've just checked pkgsrc and the Makefile for qemu explicitly disables PaX
MPROTECT for all qemu-system binaries.
So when I remove these exceptions with
  paxctl -m /usr/pkg/bin/qemu-system-riscv64
I get exactly the same "Permission denied" error messages on mprotect.
So running
  paxctl +m /usr/pkg/bin/qemu-system-riscv64
fixed it again.
Tested it on NetBSD 9.3_STABLE (amd64)

Regards,
Bjoern