Port-prep archive

Re: 7024-E30 Netboot

On Sat, 23 Dec 2023 18:53:51 -0000 (UTC)
T <bobs%thelibertytree.org@localhost> wrote:

> To add onto this, the 2MiB or less kernel is just needed to bootstrap the
> bootloader, it can be stripped down, bare bones since it only needs to be
> able to interact with boot devices. The TFTP should be sending what is a
> boot disk image to the PReP machine, as found here:
> https://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-9.3/prep/installation/floppy/

I'm planning on running this machine fully diskless, so I can chop a
lot of drivers out of the configuration - only need network and a
handful of peripheral interfaces and PCI cards. Shouldn't be hard to
get the boot image under 2 MiB.

Thanks for all the responses, from everyone thus far. I simply haven't
had the chance to try again yet.

--
Aaron B. <aaron%zadzmo.org@localhost>