Port-prep archive

Re: Issue with determining boot device using NVRAM

Update, while the problem has been identified, this is not a good fix.
Mlelstv clarified to me there's an issue with:
prop_string_create_cstring(devpath)
specifically when devpath is uninitialized. If I understand it correctly,
this situation occurs when a more recent, non-integrated, bus adapter is
added to the system (in my case, USB and SATA cards on the PCI bus).
Since these types of bus are newer than the PReP specification, they are
not handled by the existing code. A proper fix will check if devpath is
initialized before creating a property string.