Port-prep archive

7043-140 and NetBSD 7.0.2 problems

Hi mailing list,

I dusted off my old IBM 7043-140 PReP machine which had an old installation of NetBSD 5.2.3and tried installing the latest version (7.0.2) and found that booting the serial console sysinst imageseither by CD or netbootwasn't successful.I tried 6.1.5 and while the sysinst image went through the whole install process without problems, booting the kernel on the disk fails with a blinking cursorwith the LED code FDD (Early processor exception).

Anyone with a PReP machine have similar symptoms and any ideas on how to fix this?

Serial console output:

0 > boot net
LOAD: Waiting 60 seconds for Spanning Tree
BOOTP R = 1 BOOTP S = 1
FILE: NetBSD/sysinst_small_com0.fs
Load Addr=0x600000 Max Size=0x10000000
FINAL Packet Count = 3609   Final File Size = 1847706 bytes.

>> NetBSD/prep BOOT, Revision 1.9

INTRF
phase mismatch without command
selection timeout without command
unhandled scsi interrupt, sist=0xffff sstat1=0xff DSA=0xffffffff DSP=0x7f7e9fff
XXXXX: fatal error, need reset the bus...
INTRF

... (loops)