Re: MKSOFTFLOAT for evbppc

> On a P2020, a build.sh distribution for evbppc took 6.2% less time on a soft$

Please try to avoid paragraph-length lines.

Compensating manually,

> On a P2020, a build.sh distribution for evbppc took 6.2% less time on
> a softfloat userland .vs. hardfloat userland with kernel-emulation.

I'm not surprised there's a difference; they're basically doing the
same thing, except one of them is paying trap-to-the-kernel overhead.

I'm surprised the difference is that great; a build of the world must
be doing a lot more floating-point than I realized.  Did you do
multiple runs to find out how the difference compares to the noise?

\ / Ribbon Campaign