Re: pthread-mutex debugging (PR#44387)

Hello Frank.

I don't know what's wrong, but I'm also interested in this problem.

On Sep 22, 2012, at 9:20 PM, Frank Wille <frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost> wrote:
> FULL enables the use of __cpu_simple_lock_try() and __cpu_simple_unlock()
> when locking/unlocking a mutex, which sets/unsets a variable in an
> atomic operation.
>
> Unfortunately I still don't see what is wrong here. I fear the problem
> is somewhere else and using the "full" locking code hides it somehow.

Maybe we should take a closer look at
src/common/lib/libc/arch/powerpc/atomic
or maybe
/sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc/lock_stubs.S

I already went through these files but don't see anything wrong. But I have a
feeling that setting FULL might hide some problem present in these files...

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa