MPC824x JTAG success story

Hi!

Some days ago I succeeded in using JTAG with a cheap and customized
ByteblasterMV cable and the open source software UrJTAG, to unbrick an
MPC8241 based Sandpoint NAS.

As many PowerPC CPUs use the same 16-pin JTAG/COP interface my article
might be interesting for others too, because it addresses common problems.

http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/docs/mpc824x_JTAG.html

(Don't hesitate to tell me about any errors in the article. English is
not my native language and I'm not a hardware expert.)

--
Frank Wille