Re: standard runtime for (possible/hopeful) 64bit kernels

[ I don't have time to digest the rest of this thread now, I'll
  reply again soon ]

David Holland wrote:

> (I'm not currently clear on to what extent
> N32/N64 is coupled to the 64-bit FPU; if it is, we might end up
> wanting the O64 ABI...)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "64-bit FPU" - do you mean using
all 32 FP regs in 64-bit mode, instead of the 32 FP regs in 32-bit
"paired" mode?  If so, n32 and n64 both use 32 FP regs in 64-bit mode
so both ABIs have the "full" FPU available.

Cheers,
Simon.