Re: Location of PIC modules

On 21-May-2008 Allen Briggs wrote:
> I don't think it matters so much for ppc, but for some other archs, it
> may not be clear which archs would need to be updated if you were to
> make an API change.  All(?) PPC archs are somethingppc, and that's
> not likely to change.  Oops.  What about ibmnws?  Might miss that
> one.

bebox, prep, sandpoint, and the evbppc ones, which are harder to notice because
the files are in a different tree structure.

There are a few that are pretty easy to forget.  One such driver is
pic_cpc700.  To illustrate my point, I wrote that driver, and had completely
forgotten about it's existence until Frank mentioned it in the initial email.

I think I also forgot about it when I changed the number of arguments for
pic_get_irq().  Thats the sort of thing that would be less annoying to deal
with if they were all in one spot.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/