Re: Re: About Kurobox

On Tue, Apr 01 2008 - 08:31, Michael Lorenz wrote:

>> I failed applying the patches to 4.99.55 source tree.
>> There seem to be a lot of difference between before/after
>> ppcoe-renovation.
>
> No kidding ;)

No way :-)

>> I'll ping if ever new patches come (and work).
>
> Did you read what Izumi Tsutsui wrote in an earlier mail? Support for
> Kurobox seems to be already in -current, we just need someone with the
> actual hardware to test it.

Hum... quoting the discussion I had with Toru Nishimura yesterday:
###############
> What is the actual "official" support status of this box ?
> As far as I understand, the code is not integrated into netbsd-4 nor -HEAD
> source tree.

Yes, you're right.  -HEAD has never completed Kurobox support.
My intent there is to make possible multiple MPC8245 based NAS boxes
in a coherent single umbrella named NetBSD/sandpoint.
<snip>

Searching "Kurobox Izumi Tsutsui" in mail-index didn't point me to any
success story. The thread named "msk(4) require to sync status buffer"
refers to a Kurobox Pro, which is ARM. Mine is PPC.

If you know some other thread dealing with Kurobox, I'll be happy to
read it - and apply/test whatever exists ;-)

Regards,
        Jo