Re: Problems with disks on port-ofppc

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 03:23, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> > > Thats 4.0.  4.0 on ofppc is broke, and you are trying to install
> > > -current kernel.  You need the tarballs from HEAD.
> >
> > Any pointers to where that might be?  There aren't any ofppc
> > directories that I can see under
> > ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/
>
> I see ofppc has had a build error in our autobuild setupp lately.
> I've made available the sets last created in my local setup, from
> sources a couple of days old, at
>
>   ftp://quattro.urc.uninett.no/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-4.99.54/ofppc/

I've noticed a problem that keeps that from being bootable:

Created mfs /dev (610 blocks, 1888 inodes)
pax: Unable to copy ././altq, file would overwrite itself
pax: Unable to copy ././fd, file would overwrite itself
panic: init died (signal 0, exit 12)
Stopped in pid 1.1 (init) at    netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x10:       lwz
r0, r1, 0

Removing the /dev/fd and /dev/altq directories seems to fix things.  I'm
currently copying this onto disk, and we'll see where I get from there.

Pat