Re: ibm4xx pci (Re: IBM405GP/GPr OPB bus_space endian (powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/opb.c))

Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> Maybe difference between physical and logical structures, as Allen said.
>>From software view, the PCI bridge can be seen via PCI configuration
> space. It's a logical "PCI-HOST bridge" PCI device.
> On real hardware, the PCI bridge is located on CPU local bus.
> While it's called "pchb" on evbppc, it isn't the same device
> with the former PCI-HOST bridge device seen via PCI, but a bus
> controller attached to the local bus.

Ok. Since there are some redundant codes in ibm4xx/pci and pchb
driver, I want to bring a pchb matter upon again, and to confirm it.
(Perhaps you may blame me that my confirmation is redundant... ;-) )

The following is a boot log of 405GPr machine:

pchb0 at plb0
pchb0: IBM PPC 405GP PCI Bridge (rev. 0x21)
pci0 at pchb0
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled
IBM PPC 405GP PCI Bridge (host bridge, revision 0x21) at pci0 dev 0
 function 0 not configured

The latter '405GP PCI Bridge' is a logical that you said.

> We shouldn't call the latter one "pchb" to avoid confusion?
> (on arc it's called "necpb" and on evbmips it's "aupci", I think)

Ok. I see. We should change a device name for it.
What name is a proper name?
I have no good idea for naming. ;-(

--
Kind Regards,