Re: ppcgpio/gpio_opb driver not probing/crashing

Peter Seebach wrote:
> Phase 1:  The gpio_opb driver is coming back "not configured".  A bit of
> checking reveals that the driver is checking to see whether the
> opb_attach_args name is "ppcgpio", but the name in the table is "gpio".
> Okay, fixed that.

Now we should use MI gpio framework which is in sys/dev/gpio/*.
opbgpio device driver (powerpc/ibm4xx/dev/gpio_opb.c) is an
implementation on this framwork.

Please add the following lines to your kernel configuration:

opbgpio0 at opb? addr? irq?
gpio* at obpgpio?

Please refer the following:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/evbppc/conf/OPENBLOCKS266.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.30&r2=text&tr2=1.29

> files.obs405:device obsled
> files.obs405:attach  obsled at ppcgpio
> files.obs405:file       arch/evbppc/obs405/dev/obsled.c         obsled

obsled is obsolete.
There are no files in the -current src tree.
Because this driver is for old gpio.

--
Kind Regards,
--- shige