Problems installing on PCI G4

Hello,

I've run into a problem installing NetBSD 3.0 on my PowerMac G4 (pci graphics, OF 3.0). It seems that to boot NetBSD on this machine, I have to use a HFS boot partition. However, my Open Firmware is not able to read HFS+ partitions (it get's the normal HFS part) and I have no way of creating a normal HFS partition.

What's the best way to get around this problem, should I try to dig up some cd with old MacOS, or is there a simpler way?
--
Pelle Johansson