Re: cpu ID for iBook (summer 2002)

At 04:28 PM 6/20/2002, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
        on my iBook (summer 2002, 12inch LCD), CPU ID value (pvr >> 16)
        == 0x7000.  it is not known to powerpc/mpc6xx/cpu_subr.c.
        i changed the code to call cpu_config_l2cr(), and it reports the
        correct value (512K cache).
        about the HID0 setting (NAP/DOZE) i'm not sure which value is
        the correct one.
        what are the values for other iBooks?  where could I find documents
        for 0x7000 CPUs?

That CPUID has been added to cpu_subr.c.  So it should be recognized when
you resync your cvs source and rebuild your kernel.

--
Matt Thomas               Internet:   matt%3am-software.com@localhost