Re: PowerPC LKM's [Was: CVS commit: basesrc/distrib/sets/lists/base]

Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

> Simon Burge wrote:
> > MIPS only...  For mips I used the -mlong-calls gcc option to get around
> > the limited branch offset problem - no such option exists at the moment
> > for powerpc (AFAIK).
>
> Ah, OK. Hopefully someone would address this, I've added the item
> to sys/lkm/TODO. The LKMs are built for PowerPC, so I assumed
> they work. I'd leave the release sets as they are, even
> though the LKMs don't work on powerpc. Do you agree?

Sounds good to me.  Certainly having N files with the same lists of LKMs
wasn't optimal...  Maybe the PowerPC-ports' release notes should mention
that LKMs don't work?

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                            <simonb%wasabisystems.com@localhost>