Re: Success stage 1!

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Dan Jacobowitz wrote:

[about using a possably GPL'd script]

> That's rather what I thought.......
>
> What it ends up meaning is I'm allowed to try it, but not add it to the
> source tree.

If the file doesn't have a GPL copyright&license, and it's not in a
directory which says "everything's copyright me and distributable under
the GPL", then it's not GPL'd. If there's a message in the directory but
not in the file, then maybe the lawyers can get as excited as house dogs
when there's a squirl in the back yard.

Regardless, it's ok to have GPL'd stuff in the tree. Non-GPL is prefered.
The problem comes when trying to make one program with GPL'd and non-GPL'd
parts. Since you're not doing that, things should be fine.

Take care,

Bill