Re: Boot code of linuxppc v. netbsd

At 1:05 AM -0400 1/7/98, Kazuki Sakamoto wrote:
>The directory of boot.mac exists in OpenBSD/powerpc.
>So, Makefile of the directory and so on was used, and I tried to make
>ofwboot of NetBSD/powerpc.
>
>I put on <URL:http://www.cec.co.jp/usr/sakamoto/NetBSD/PowerMac/>
><URL:http://www.cec.co.jp/usr/sakamoto/NetBSD/PowerMac/boot.mac/ofwboot.xcf>
>is XCOFF format.
>
>I'm afraid I don't have PowerMac though I have BeBox(PowerPC machine) :-)
>Don't you try this and send the result to port-powerpc?
>
>Kazuki Sakamoto
>sakamoto%cec.co.jp@localhost

DOH

Basically, what this is is linuxppc's hack-coff and ld.script plus our
bootloader plus two changes to the Makefile I made by hand  -  the only
other diff I see is that it RELOC's to 0x4000.  They simply did not bother
with my crisis of concious on using files out of linuxppc.  hack-coff is
rewritten to a more minimalist standard.

So, what shall we do?  Grab them back from OpenBSD and be merry?

| Dan Jacobowitz                 | drow%drow.net@localhost                    |
|  Administrator Extraordinaire  | Web site coming someday          |
| My opinions are my own -       | Day Job: http://www.wwwcomm.com  |
| My mistakes are someone else's |                                  |