Re: NetBSD/be

jehamby%lightside.com@localhost wrote:
 > That's good news!  I have a BeBox and would be interested in seeing a
 > NetBSD port.  I don't really like Linux...

If /bin/sh works with single user mode, these source will be introduced to
the public soon. Please wait a little more.
# I must correct my dirty sources, too :)

 > > So, I want NetBSD/powerpc binary (/sbin/init,/bin/sh,...).
 > > Therefore, I want to know how to make it those.

After this was written, I noticed that there was a way of making
cross compile environment.

However, tell me if there is a person who knows the way of making it.

 > I'm sorry but I'm not familiar enough with NetBSD to provide much help,
 > other than general encouragement.  If you have any BeBox hardware
 > related questions, LinuxPPC is probably the best reference source code
 > (http://www.linuxppc.org/) because there is a BeBox version.  I'm
 > thinking of ordering the CD-ROM they just released (June 1997) which
 > might be a good way to provide you with a working UNIX environment for
 > cross-development, if the difference between Linux and NetBSD isn't too
 > great to cause you problems.

Can I install LinuxPPC via CD-ROM to BeBox?

Kazuki Sakamoto
sakamoto%cec.co.jp@localhost