Port-pmax archive

Re: Is pmax alive?

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 07:35:37AM +0200, Felix Deichmann wrote:
> David,
>
> just saw that you committed a fix related to our discussion for mips'
> locore.S. I think it is really worth pull-ups to -6 and -7, as it will
> probably regain support for many pmax machines lost for quite some
> time!
> Want me to test it on my DECstation (R3000A) which was affected by the problem?
>
> Felix

Please do!

If you run into issues unpacking tarballs at install with progress, try
options SOSEND_NO_LOAN in the kernel config.

Seems like some MIPS CPUs do weird things with their caches that we're
not handling correctly, but it would be good to know that the real
hardware does this before changing the config.

Test runs are also handy if you're very motivated:
cd /usr/tests
atf-run | tee ~/tests.log | atf-report

Thanks.