Port-pmax archive

Re: scc(4) driver still used?

> I've been poking around serial drivers and documentation issues,
> and I see that there is an scc(4) man page for pmax's Zilog 8530
> serial ports, but -current has those drivers as zsc in the
> configuration files.
>
> Is there an "scc" driver for pmax any more?

It has been superseded by MI zs driver and children with wscons support.
http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2006/07/29/0022.html

scc was derived from 4.4BSD, and PMAXen have quirks in its wiring:
---
         * NOTE: The wiring we assume is the one on the 3min:
         *
         *      out     A-TxD   -->     TxD     keybd or mouse
         *      in      A-RxD   -->     RxD     keybd or mouse
         *      out     A-DTR~  -->     DTR     comm
         *      out     A-RTS~  -->     RTS     comm
         *      in      A-CTS~  -->     SI      comm
         *      in      A-DCD~  -->     RI      comm
         *      in      A-SYNCH~-->     DSR     comm
         *      out     B-TxD   -->     TxD     comm
         *      in      B-RxD   -->     RxD     comm
         *      in      B-RxC   -->     TRxCB   comm
         *      in      B-TxC   -->     RTxCB   comm
         *      out     B-RTS~  -->     SS      comm
         *      in      B-CTS~  -->     CTS     comm
         *      in      B-DCD~  -->     CD      comm

---
MI zs has been fixed in this revision:
http://cvsweb.NetBSD.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ic/z8530sc.c#rev1.17

---