Port-playstation2 archive

Re: what are my options now that i can't get a linux kit?

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 02:32:17PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > ok, so i went to get a linux kit.  oh, look, they are sold out, and
> > aren't making any more.
>
> How much work would be necessary to make NetBSD/playstation2 boot via
> the PS1 bug, I have no idea - I haven't yet even looked at it.

here's what i've found:

it turns out i don't really want to run linux or netbsd on my ps2.  what i
want to do is use the ps2dev stuff (ps2dev.org) and write software that
will run "on the bare metal" as it were.

i'll post progress reports here if anyone is interested.

-brian
--
"Now you know why I got the everliving hell OUT of Windows administration.
Knowing it doesn't make it any easier.  It's just broken-as-designed."