Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Possible to use the bundled toolchain?

 | Is this just an optimization issue (slower code from mipsel compiler), or
 | does the standard mipsel compiler produce broken code (kernel panics)?

Not optimization issue. It's work around for CPU bug.
mipsEEel-netbsd-gcc pad extra nop for short-loop.  But sssembler
source is not fixed, I have added following fix manually.

(locore.S)
1:
#if defined(MIPS3_5900) /* work around for branch prediction miss. */
        nop
        nop
        nop
#endif
        addu    t2, t2, 1
        and     t1, t0, 1                       # bit set?
        beq     t1, zero, 1b
        srl     t0, t0, 1                       # try next bit

---
UCHIYAMA Yasushi
uch%vnop.net@localhost