re: problem with starting X in -current.

Frank Wille writes:
> Robert Swindells wrote:
>
> > Which radeon driver ?
>
> Are there more? The usual one, I guess:

there are the old and the new drivers.  the new one ONLY supports
DRM with KMS, so it's so far is only useful for x86.

> [    55.152]    compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 6.14.6

this is version 6.x, the latest KMS version is 18.x.

> > We do still build the non-dri one but I haven't tested it in a while
> > on amd64.
>
> Please don't break it! ;)

last time i tried to make the old driver work on amd64 it was
more effort than i could remember how to do. :-(  i was able
to get X started, but not anything like Xvideo or GL.

.mrg.